Friday, October 2, 2009

Chance meeting

As one relationship wraps up today I am starting to think about another. I am skeptical, yet hopeful. I am tired, yet waking up. I am hurt, but know my body will heal itself. I look for another chance meeting, a glance that might have some meat behind it, a conversation that could lead me in another direction. I am a lukewarm believer in the possibilities of online dating. It could work, it has worked to a degree for me in the past. But it is very strange. It is mass marketing yourself to a geographical swath of people who are also mass marketing themselves to you. What is it I want strangers to know about me? I am brave, but still afraid, I am funny unless I am sad. I am committed unless I find someone else, I am adventurous unless I chicken out at the last minute. I am bold, unless that offends you, I am sexy unless your rejection makes me feel ugly, I am safe unless you make me feel vulnerable. I am alone, unless you give me enough of your love tonight, I am unable to move forward with you, and cannot imagine moving back. I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment