Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Breathe

I am trying to remember to breathe. In, out, in again. I am contemplating this space between me and everyone else. Today it feels more like a boat drifting away from a dock while someone's back is turned. One minute the boat is snug on the shoreline, secure, pressing its sturdy shape into the earth. The waves begin to nudge and loosen this old girl from her port out towards the sea. In, out, in again. I am drifting, feeling the saltwater lap repeatedly against my barnacles, my weather worn hull moving outward. I discover the buoyancy of a quiet surrender, drifting away from it all.

1 comment:

  1. And the train gets further and further off the track
    And with each day passing it's harder to turn back
    They call Mother Earth "Mother" for a reason
    She will revolt

    Stop...
    Stop what you're doing...
    Stop what you're doing and breathe
    Stop what you're doing and breathe

    ReplyDelete